Date(s) - 20/11/2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Attend this internationally recognised workplace Mental Health Awareness course and become a Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Champion
1 in 6 workers will experience depression, anxiety or stress at any one time and 45% of all working days lost to ill health are due to these conditions. The average cost of mental health related absence is £522 per year for every employee. Creating Mental Health awareness and promotion is therefore a vital element in every successful workplace.
Objectives: You will develop the skills, confidence and knowledge to:
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health issues
- Understand anxiety, depression and stress
- Guide a person to appropriate support and self-help information
- Challenge stigma and discrimination around mental health
- Recognise and intervene when someone is having thoughts of suicide
- Be mindful of your own mental health
- Talk to someone around their mental health and offer the most appropriate support using the MHFA action plan
- Build and maintain a mentally healthy workplace
Who is this training for?
This training is for any employee or employer who would like to be able to support colleagues/customers and contribute to a mentally healthy workplace. HR, occupational health, anyone who manages or supervises staff, union reps and health advocates would particularly benefit from attending this course.
Please note that this training costs £90 per person (Please note Mental Health First Aid England value this course at £200 per person but Washington Mind are providing this course at a subsidised rate as an introductory offer)
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0191 417 8043
This event is fully booked.