Date(s) - 04/06/2019 - 02/07/2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Attend this internationally recognised in depth Mental Health First Aid course and become a Mental Health First Aider
Aims: 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health issues each year and 45% of all working days lost to ill health are due to these conditions. The average cost of mental health related absence is £522 per year for every employee. Creating Mental Health awareness and promotion is therefore a vital element in every successful organisation whether it is with the aim of supporting your customers, service users or staff/their families.
Objectives: You will develop the skills, confidence and knowledge to:
- Understand a range of mental health issues (including depression, anxiety disorders, stress, suicidal thoughts, self harm, psychosis, bi-polar disorder)
- Spot the warning signs that someone is struggling with their mental health
- Use non-judgemental listening skills to have a conversation with someone about their mental health
- Promote positive mental wellbeing and support someone to recover good mental health
- Guide someone towards further professional , community and self-help support
- Intervene when someone is having a crisis in their mental health
Who is this training for?
Anyone! In particular this training would benefit anyone who would like to be able to:
- support employees and contribute to a mentally healthy workplace
- support people aged 16+ who use their services (e.g. customers, service users, students)
- support someone close to them with their mental health
Bookings are closed for this event.