Mental Health First Aid
Washington Mind currently offer 2 levels of Mental Health First Aid training. Find out more below to find out what is available and which session will best suit your needs.
If you are interested in either course please contact us on: 0191 417 8043 or email: email@example.com to speak with a member of our team.
Adult Mental Health First Aid One Day Course
Attend this internationally recognised Mental Health First Aid course and become a Mental Health First Aid Champion. You will develop the skills, confidence and knowledge to:
- Recognise and understand the signs and symptoms of mental health issues, including anxiety, depression and stress
- Have a supportive conversation with someone about their mental health using the MHFA Action plan
- Guide a person to appropriate support and self help information
- Recognise and intervene when someone is having thoughts of suicide
- Be mindful of your own mental health
- Build and maintain a mentally healthy workplace and challenge stigma
Adult Mental Health First Aid Two Day Course
Attend this internationally recognised in-depth course and become a Mental Health First Aider. You will develop the skills, confidence and knowledge to:
- Understand in-depth and recognise the warning signs of a range of mental health issues, including depression, anxiety disorders, stress, suicidal thoughts, self harm, eating disorders, psychosis and bipolar disorder.
- Use non-judgemental listening skills and the MHFA Action plan to have a conversation with someone about their mental health.
- Promote positive mental wellbeing, challenge stigma and support someone to recover good mental health.
- Guide someone towards professional, community and self-help support.
- Intervene when someone is experiencing a crisis in their mental health, including suicidal thoughts, panic attacks, trauma and acute psychosis.
Training for your workplace
Washington Mind can bring this training to your workplace and deliver for your staff teams across the region. Please contact us on: 0191 417 8043 or: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the needs of your organisation or business including costs, delivery and numbers to attend.